"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, February 24, 2008

So Much Fun!


So much fun! I didn’t know one could have so much fun in one day!

On Feb. 20 my great aunt and uncle came. Known mostly as “Jeanne & Steve”, Jeanne is my “Michigan Grandma’s” sister. Jeanne and Steve stayed with us 2 nights/1 day.

Jeanne and Steve came in the evening so there was plenty of time to talk and play. I showed Jeanne a story some of my friends and I had written up. She was teasing and razing me unmercifully!!

In the morning we took our company to the Tennessee Aquarium. We all went through the Ocean Journey building together; however, since Dad had a meeting, our family went home and Jeanne & Steve saw the River Journey building themselves.
(Extra: soon there will be a photo article of my Aquarium trip.)

In the afternoon my great-aunt and uncle came back from the Aquarium. Then Mom and Alison took Jeanne to the Samaritan Center. Steve and I stayed home. He read the story too, and showed me his really nice 12-megapixel camera!!! (I only have 6 megapixels.)

In the evening Steve and Jeanne treated us out to eat at the Macaroni Grill restaurant. It is an Italian restaurant, and very nice. There are even crayons to color with!! After we came home we had hot chocolate and talked some more.

The next morning (Friday) Jeanne & Steve left about 8:30. It was so much fun to see them, and we hope they come see us soon again!!