"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, October 23, 2009

Learning about Space is a BLAST!!

Hi to all!!! Well yes, after several weeks I am now back with more photos! :D (what else do I post on here? :P) Well, anyway, this time I want to share with you photos of the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. We are now enjoying Fall Break, and to kick it off Mom and Dad very kindly took me and my sister to Huntsville. Going to the Space Center was really an amazing experience--several priceless treasures there. Among my favorites were the restored Saturn V rocket (suspended sideways), a mock-up Saturn V standing guard outside of the entrance--this one's standing up TALLL---363 feet tall!! It was unbelievable to see. (it goes without saying that it was hard to get a shot of the whole rocket in one shot!) They also had the Apollo 16 Command Module Casper and several nice rockets inside and outside. Inside the main museum there was an exhibit on the Space Shuttle--even a cool game where you could build the Space Shuttle!! I'm sure you can see I had a great time. Below are photos--taken by my mother, father, and me. :)

~Photobug

P.S.--I added 5 new (un)shiny pennies to my squished penny collection! :)







^^One of the 5 giant F-5 (I think!) Saturn V.

^^Just a second before it lifted off...I got out of here! HEHEHEHEHE
























^^"Casper" of the Apollo 16 mission.







^^A Saturn I rocket.







^^A moon rock brought back by Apollo 12.

^^Me in the Apollo trainer.



^^Moon rover and Lunar Module.


^^Saturn V Intramental Ring.


^^Alison in the Apollo Simulater/Trainer.

^^The largest fragment recovered of Skylab, the very first space station.

^^Happy travelers! :) (helps to get dog attention, when one says "treats"! ;D)

^^"Off we go, in to the Wild Blue Yonder, off we go...."

No comments:

Post a Comment