"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Flowers of Fall

This month has been soo busy for me. From schoolwork, to part-time jobs, to looking into college, there have been so many things to do! As I’d go about my daily life, I’d see vibrant fall color everywhere. It was gorgeous, it was pretty—I knew it wouldn’t last for long—but couldn’t the leaves see that I was busy? They needed to stay on until I could photograph them!

A week or two ago, I realized that the leaves wouldn’t wait for my life to slow down. So, I finally found time in my schedule and took some pictures of the fall color (such as the leaf at left, which I found in our yard).

You know, I’ve been thinking about my experience with the fall color. It’s kind of like our relationship with Christ, really. Sometimes we may say to Him, “Lord, I want to spend time with you! I really do! But can’t you see I’m really busy right now? I don’t have time for you!” God never forsakes us, but chances are if we don’t spend time with Him now, we probably won’t in the future. Yes, life is busy. Yes, there are many, many things to do. But make an effort to spend a few minutes with God each day. Read His Word, pray to Him, develop a relationship with Him!

“Be still, and know that I am God…” ~Psalms 46:10

There’s an expression that says, “Take time to smell the flowers”. It means that we need to take time to enjoy the little yet vastly important things of life. In my example above, I needed to smell the “flowers” of fall, and take time to photograph the fall color! Spending time with God may seem a little thing, but really it isn’t. Make the time to “smell the flowers” and get to know God better! You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment