"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, February 20, 2012

"Godspeed, John Glenn!"

So I don't have a lot of time this morning to write a big long article on one of my favorite astronauts...but I would like to point out that fifty years ago today, John Glenn became the first American to orbit the earth! I think that's really cool. About a year ago I read his autobiography--I highly recommend it! I really admire him for the good choices that he made, choices that not everyone else made. Read my review of his autobiography here. And here is a really cool interactive feature on this anniversary of the historic flight.

So anyway. Don't have much time to write this morning, but I thought you'd enjoy knowing that today is the fiftieth anniversary of John Glenn becoming the first American to orbit the earth!

~Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment