"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

North Carolina in a Weekend

These photos are posted especially for my Uncle Brian's friend John, who really enjoys seeing my latest exploits in photography. :)

This past weekend, my family and I spent a delightful weekend over in western North Carolina. Since it had been several years since I had really seen the state, I had grand fun! We actually went over so that Dad and another teacher from our local university could talk in church about faith, science, and creation; however, our family also enjoyed the beautiful fall color and finding a few geocaches, too! :D


One of my favorite parts of the trip was traversing I-40 between Knoxville and Asheville. The highway crosses the mountains just north of the national park, and even in early November the fall color was still magnificent. It felt like Cherohala Skyway all over again, but better! Stunning views out every window were quite common for quite a while. Understandably, that's where I took most of my photos. Enjoy!

~Photobug


 ^^See what I mean about it being beautiful??
 ^^Through the tunnel...
 ^^...and into North Carolina! :) And if I look cold, there's a reason...I was cold!
Next few pictures of the several geocaches we found.



 (above & below): ...and back into our wonderful home state! 

 (next few photos): I think I could stay here forever...

1 comment: