"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Thursday, May 1, 2008

ATTACK ON MULCH MOUNTAIN!!


It was absolutely gorgeous today.

This afternoon Dad and I joined forces and worked on “Mulch Mountain”. As you may already know, we have some woods behind our house and Mom and Dad want to get a path mulched out there, where you can be sure where you’re not stepping on poison ivy.
So after I worked on the problem a while Dad came out and helped me. That was very nice and thoughtful of him! I really appreciated him helping me on my job, and we got a lot done together.
The peonies are almost in bloom, and I got a really nice picture of a bud. (See picture). The dogwoods, as well as pretty much everything else are totally green. And I’m enjoying this “green” phase of spring very much! ;)

On a different note, I’m graduating from 8th grade Sunday!! Some of you may have seen my “countdown” to graduation I put up yesterday. A very nice lady at our church organizes this whole homeschool-graduation affair, and I have to admit, I’m excited!! Tonight Mom’s taking me to the recital. They’re having caps, gowns, pictures, speaker, receptions, and just about everything else!
Mom signed up to bring the drinks at the reception, and she’s bringing lemonade. Besides, I wanted it! So if any other 8th graders in my graduating class reads this post between now and Sunday, they’ll know that there’s going to be lemonade at the reception! ;)

Tonight my grandparents from Michigan are coming to stay a long weekend at our house to see me graduate and roll on into high school….scary to think of myself a high-schooler!!! ;)