"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lull in the Storm

Well, here I am on graduation weekend, at 2:03 with just about nothing to do!! Funny that I have a lot of time on my hands when this is SUCH a busy weekend.

Grandma and Grandpa came about 6:15pm Thursday, just in time to see me before Mom and I rushed off to my graduation recital, which ended up being about 2 1/2 hours long. We (the graduates) practised marching up and down the aisle, when to turn around, when to sit, etc. all in time to the music! My gut feeling is that there's be a few mistakes at graduation, but overall the whole program will go fine. Actually, the recital was a lot of fun.

Yesterday our family along with Grandma and Grandpa went shopping about 1/2 hour away. Grandpa got me two really nice ties. Instead of being tied, they have a zipper which is SO much easier!! Many thanks to Grandpa! ;)

Today Grandma gave me a really nice "graduate's bible". It's in the Holmes Christian Standard Bible, or something like that. It's really nice because there's a little strap and hole that keeps it together, as well as being small enough to carry around and the type is not really small either.

Church went very well. The sermon was very good!

This afternoon Grandpa and Grandma are going to visit an old friend they have here in Tennessee.
Dad's off somewhere doing something with his graduation. Dad is a chemistry teacher at the local university here. Well, their graduation is on the same day (tomorrow) that mine is on.

Tomorrow morning is pretty free for me, though Dad has his graduation in the morning. I need to be at church (where my graduation's taking place) at 3:00pm.

Guess that's all for now. More coming soon....;)

Photobug