"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Very Fun Fair






This past Sunday was an exceptionally fun day for our family as we drove to and experienced the Hamilton County Fair, held annually the last weekend of September in Chester Frost Park.

Besides seeing all the fabulous cars, animals, home crafts, etc., Mom and I were exhibitors ourselves! I entered 3 pictures, and Mom entered 4 of her quilts.
Mom did very well as she got 2 3rd places and one second. (3 of her 4 quilts placed.) I did pretty well too, getting one 2nd place on my “animal” photo. My other two shots got “Participant”. On the whole, the fair was a whole lot of fun!

Enjoy this digital view of the County Fair……

Photobug





^^This was my "animal" picture that landed me a second. I took it on Alison's b-day in July at the Chatt. Zoo.

The model trains were neat-makes me want to get ours rolling! ;)


There was this guy who hand-carved all these birds. Wow, what a lot of hard work!!








I really thought that the old cars, trucks and tractors were neat. Maybe that's the strain of blood I have coming from Gpa W.....;)

^^Fare at the Fair.
^^ Reminded me of Almonzo's pumpkin from the Little House series!

No comments:

Post a Comment