"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, September 26, 2008

What I've Done in the Past Week or So

Whew! The past two weeks have been total fun, but seems like I ran though them at 100 MPH!

Let me tell you about some of the things that happened while we had our great Sept. company "invasion". ;)


On Tuesday/Wednesday my uncle and I watched the documentary "Lewis & Clark", by Ken Burns. Very good! (learn more at www.pbs.org/lewisandclark )


On Tuesday also I went to P.T. in Ringgold, GA. My uncle and mom and sister went along too. After excruciating pain (trust me, it is!) we stopped at the Ringgold Train Depot and took photos. (That's where I'm at in my profile photo). Besides that, Tuesday brought royalty to our humble motel-my grandparents from MI, wearing "Burger King" crowns! ;)


On Wednesday Uncle Brian surprised me and got a brand-new CD player, as my old one had broken a few months ago. It is really nice, and I use it multiple times a day.

All the while I am doing school and trying to beat my uncle at SORRY!, which I eventually did. However, Brian got back at me with winning our "Connect Four" 30-game tournament. :(


As some of you may have known, I have wanted to own the "Secret of the Cave" movie for some time. Well, I had some $$ (but not enough) so Brian payed the rest, which was really nice. We watched it the very day (Thurs.) that we got it!


Of course, you've all ready heard about the Smokies and Aquarium trips a few posts ago....


On Monday, Brian, Grandma, and I played a trio of Sorry games, which (yea!!) I won all three. Grandma came in second all three times too.

Unfortunately, Brian had to leave Monday, so we said a teary farewell and hope to see him again soon. I am working on him to get him out here for my birthday in April.....;D


On Tues. (our last day of company) Grandma and I played "Hail to the Chief" a game about U.S. presidents. It is really neat. It was also nice I won the game!

And for the last hurrah, Grandpa and I watched Secret of the Cave one last time....


Until we meet again......:


Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment