"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy September 1!




Happy September 1! Today marks the beginning of the 9th month in 2008. Wow, 2008 is sure going by fast!


As I was thinking about the change of seasons and stuff, I remembered an anniversary. Two days ago, (and two years!) my wonderful mother (above) got me started on Blogger. Since that time, I have gone though several blogs, though at the time I only have two. (This one and a private one).


I am very glad fall is coming! As I have looked through some of the pictures I took last fall, I am very excited. Fall is such a beautiful time here in south Tennessee! (See various pictures. Click on any of the November '07 article links (in Archives) to see more fall photos).


On a different note, in just 11 days we start to have company! First on is Walt and Doris, some old-time friends of our family. Two days after they arrive at our family "motel" ;-), my Uncle Brian arrives at midnight Sabbath, Sept. 13 to stay though the 22nd. Around the 16th, my grandparents from MI are coming to stay through the 22nd as well.


So you can see we will be playing "motel" quite real for 12 days this month!


Well, I'd better go for now, as Mom is going to take my sister and I swimming.


More later!

Photobug