"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Photo-Packed Week



Today, after church my uncle, family and grandparents went to the TN Aquarium. It was a lot of fun, as always! All the pictures are of animals, except two. One has by uncle doing rabbit ears over my grandfather. The second one is of the whole group: (L to R) Grandma, Mom, Brian, Grandpa, Alison, Dad.

Yesterday Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Brian & myself took a day trip to the Smokies. First we stopped at the Heritage Center (In Townsend, TN). It was a lot of fun with replica log cabins, inside displays, and a 20-minute video.
Below are my photos of the Heritage Center.


After the Heritage Center, our foursome did my chosen activity: hike to Laural Falls.
Termed "easy" on my waterfall map, we thought it was a good hike to try for people who weren't in shape. It was paved and only 1.3 miles. Well, let me tell you, it was 1.3 miles UP the mountain!
Yes, it was nice to see the 80' falls once, though I'm not sure how soon I'm doing it again! Anyway, here's the photos I treked up and down the mountain on a hurting foot to bring to you!


After the very tiring and eye-opening hike to Laural Falls, we headed to Gatlinburg, TN. (a.k.a. the biggest tourist trap in eastern TN!!) We went to the Space Neddle, a gigantic tower 407 feet up. THANKFULLY there was an elevator, so we took that. It was really nice for Grandpa to treat us all. Up there, you could see forever, down on the town, over the mountains. It does not need to be said that I got great photos! ;)


On Tuesday my uncle and Mom, Alison and I went to Ringgold, GA and took a tour of the train depot. It has been in continuous use since 1890! Anyway, this was the last building the General passed before Andrew's Raiders were caught. (See more about the General through the link in the sidebar.) Anyway, here's some photos.


So you can see-I've had a very photo & exciting week! And this is not all-I will be adding my uncle's photos to these slideshows soon.

Photobug