"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Never Faltering, Never Failing: That's Our God!

This past May our family took a day trip to Chickamauga Battlefield in northwest Georgia. Chickamauga is where one of the major battles of the Civil War took place, and was one of the first battlefields to be made a National Military Park.

Anyway. One of the easiest ways to see most of the Park to to drive the several mile loop, which is a great way to see the highlights of the Park. One of the stops along the loop is a really cool old tower, monument, something like that. (see picture at right.) At any rate, I think it is really cool and neat! Seriously, I suspect the tower is 5-6 stories high. If you look closely at the photo, you will see windows. I believe that there is one window per story.

I was thinking about this tower lately. See, this fall I've been reading through Proverbs and trying to memorize my favorites. Recently I ran across Proverbs 18:10:

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Wow! Immediately after reading this verse my mind went back to the tower at Chickamauga. However strong, mighty, and invincible this tower may look, our mighty God is even stronger. Absolutely, he is the only constant and the only True Refuge in our lives.



I decided to research and look up some Bible verses about God protecting us. I thought these were pretty cool!

Psalms 46:1:
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Psalms 61:3:
"For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe."


As we move into this as of yet uncharted year 2011, let us remember that while many things will change, God never will.

Dear God, please help me to trust in You more in the coming week. Help me to remember that you are my True Refuge and that you will protect and help me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment