"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, December 31, 2010

Let's Focus on the Positive in 2011!

Well, another 365 days have gone by! :D 2010 is soon to be history. What have we done with our year, this time period called 2010 that God gave us? I sincerely hope as each one of us looks back on our year that we like what we see, and am glad for what we have done.

Even if we may have lived an awesome year, there's still room to improve! In this post I will try to highlight some of the fun, important things I've done this year and what I'm planning on for next year.

First of all, I have been able to complete some Bible marking/Bible studies in one of my Bibles. I am very happy about that. I was also able to read through the entire Conflict of the Ages series by Ellen White! (Shhh....I just finished it today!) I've enjoyed the Conflict series so much I'm doing a Messages to Young People (also by Ellen White) Readathon in 2011! This Readathon is also on Facebook--go to "www.facebook.com/pages" and then type in the search box "2011 Messages to Young People Readathon" and you should get it. We already have over 50 people who are going to be reading through Messages to Young People, starting tomorrow and continuing through Feb. 9!! :)

I've also had some awesome vacation experiences with my family. We've gone all over the country this year for family reunions, as well as visiting Greenfield Village with my grandparents this year! Don't forget going to the Zoo, or the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, or all the relatives I've been able to see. And then there's the various places our family has gone, such as Cherohala Skyway, replicas of Columbus' ships, and Raccoon Mountain Caverns!

You know, as I look back across my year I find many happy things I've done. Sure, there's been some not-so-happy stuff, but why dwell on that?? In this new year 2011, let us focus on the positive, what we could become and what we could do with God's help!

"We have nothing to fear for the future except as we forget how God has led us in our past." ~Ellen White

No comments:

Post a Comment