"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chronicles of my Early December Life



So. Yes, I am seriously still alive! :D I know it's been like decades since I've posted about my life, and not just devotionals or space posts! :P

But anyway, I've been enjoying life. School, work, chores and reading take up most of my time. So reading is really why I haven't blogged for a while. Yesterday I finished my latest space book, Footprints in the Dust, edited by Colin Burgess. It was extremely good, on the Apollo lunar missions, not to mention Skylab or ASTP. I highly recommend it! You'll here about it more in the future, I'm sure. :) Footprints in the Dust is my 20th space book I've read in roughly the past year.

I have been enjoying the start of the Christmas season. Last week our family put up our Christmas tree! That was grand fun. On Sunday our family attended a Christmas brunch put on by the university at which Dad works. Yesterday Mom and Alison made some delicious roll-out cookies, with sprinkles on them!! I was hoping to be named "Chief Taste-Tester", but unfortunately that role is not only mine! :D

Anyway, above are some pictures I've taken of the tree going up and the cookies being made. If you are reading this on Facebook or by e-mail, you will want to visit my actual blog, as the Picasa slideshow is only viewable on my blog. Enjoy!

~Photobug

P.S.--while you're on my blog, be sure to check out the Peanuts strips, updated daily! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment