"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Where Am I?

Where am I? Or more precisely, where have I been?

Good question. As you probably have guessed, I have been very busy! I really wanted to blog all about the fun that I had at Thanksgiving. We had my grandparents from Michigan and my uncle from Arizona all at our house for the big day! Lots of fun was had by all, and much board game playing and geocaching was achieved as well. ;)

So then I was going to blog about Thanksgiving in early December. But did it happen? No. So many wonderful Christmas celebrations, as well as the usual work and school, seemed to take priority. There is a wonderful set of trails (probably around 8-10 miles) on the mountain just behind the local university, and my best friend and I have been taking advantage of those trails quite a bit over the past few weeks. It's so fun to finally hike the trails, and my friend and I have found a few caches up there, too! :D

Speaking of geocaching, I've been doing a lot lately. If you don't know what it is, geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunt in which players use their GPS devices to locate hidden containers all around the world. I've found 123 geocaches, and hidden 25! I'm hoping to hide 5-6 more caches over Christmas break (yes, I still got one more week of school!), so of course all that planning and placing takes a bit of time as well. Not to mention all the great books I've been trying to read...

And speaking of books, I'm halfway finished with one! I've read Ellen White's classic on the life of Christ, Desire of Ages, before, but it was so wonderful that a few months ago I decided that I just had to re-read it! So I have been--but leading a readathon, as well! Since November, I've been reading approximately one chapter a day and then blogging about it over at the Desire of Ages Readathon blog. Check it out, feel free to jump in and join at any time! :D

My grandparents are coming for a repeat visit soon, and while they can't stay for Christmas, we're still going to have a lot of fun anyway. Geocaching, fun, family, and presents are all on the agenda! So if I'm not posting on this blog as much as you wish, well, I'm sorry. I'm still alive and well, happily geocaching and enjoying the season. I am still very committed to writing devotionals each and every week, and will post more about my life here on this blog when I get the chance.

Merry Christmas,
Tennessee Photobug

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly where you are...right here at my house geocaching with my brother! lol :)

    ReplyDelete