"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Who will you follow?



Well, here we are. The last day of Two-Thousand and Eleven. While I'm always happy for the months to come and go, I must say, the turning of a new year is always more significant. What will happen this coming year? Will it be good? Will it be bad? It's that unknown factor that always gets to me.

I don't think I'm alone in this. Many people think about where they've gone in the past year, where they are now, and where they'd like to see themselves next year this time. In other words, making New Years' Resolutions. There are many good and important resolutions one can make, but perhaps the most important question is this: Who will you follow? During the coming year? Throughout the rest of your life? A couple weeks ago I ran across the above video, and it has impacted me in a major way. I'd highly recommend that you watch this powerful presentation, and then honestly ask yourself,

"Who will I follow?"

No comments:

Post a Comment