"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, August 23, 2008

"The Sun is Rising Down"...


....and other such crazy events in my life!

Hi Everyone! I thought I'd mights well recap a bit on my past (and crazy) week!


First of all, from the title of this article, (above) is a picture I took of the sun this morning. For me, this is a real achievement, because for over a month and a half I haven't been able to walk outside and take pictures on my own! I am currently in a walking cast and go back to the Dr. in 3 weeks.




Today, instead of going to church in a building, the Earliteen Sabbath School went and had Sabbath School, Church, and a Potluck over at Red Clay State Park. It was a lot of fun! Some staff from Cohutta came and did song service, and we had a really good sermon by Pastor Cook on running the Christian race. See 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. ^^Camp staff singing songs for the church service.
^^Camp staff up close. Stephen (far right) is from Earliteens.
^^Pastor Cook preaching.

After church we had a potluck, which (of course!) was fun. See what I ate below!
Yes, besides the Aquarium we did do a lot!
One of the biggest things was that I "officially" started 9th grade. Quail Ridge Academy, the homeschool I attend, has done exceptionally well this year. The enrolment has doubled, (to 2!) and the principal (Dad) is now teaching chemistry. Mom oversees the rest of my school and also specializes in the preschool division. (Alison!) This year I'm studying Algebra, Chemistry, English, Computers, World History, and Keyboarding.
Monday Schiffbauers left, and Dad's friend Julie came and stayed for a day. Monday also we took Punky to a vet visit. I know something happened Tuesday, but I forget....will post it when I remember! Of course we went to the Aquarium, and Thursday was a busy day as well. Mom got her health checked, and I had a P.T. appointment in Ringgold, GA.
And then...it's today! Will write more later....
Photobug