"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, October 31, 2010

What in the World is Space Month??

Guess what?? November is Space Month!! :D During the past few months I've been reading a lot about space, and America's manned space program in the 1950s, '60s, and '70s. During November we celebrate the 41st anniversary of the Apollo 12 mission in 1969. Apollo 12 was the second Apollo mission to land on the Moon. Then I found out that there was going to be a Space Shuttle mission (STS-133) during November...and on and on and on!

So. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm really excited about space and that in November I will focus my blog posts on space. There's a real space mission happening in November, several anniversaries, and I'll be posting several space book reviews as well. I'll even be starting a monthly column entitled "Armchair Astronaut" in which every month I'll post about a space book I've read recently.  Look for the premier of "Armchair Astronaut" on Thursday, November 4. I'll be posting videos and even a weekly poll. Come to my blog every week and vote! I promise the poll questions will be easy if you read my posts. :)

As I said I'll be posting book reviews of space books I've read. Each week I'll post a segment in my space book review series, "A Subject I Almost MISSed". Look for it every Monday in November! I'll also be posting links to different NASA articles, including the link to NASA TV where you can watch the launch of shuttle Discovery Tuesday.

Discovery will be launching Tuesday at 4:17pm, Eastern Daylight Time. Note this new launch time is different from the original launch date of November 1, which is a Monday. There has been a leak in Discovery so NASA is delaying the launch by a day or so. Watch the launch if you can!! It'll be really awesome. If not, I will try to post a video of the launch, or a previous one, on this blog so you can see what it looked like. :)

Anyway, I'm really excited about Space Month! Please check my ever-changing blog often in November for space stories, videos, facts and more. :)

~Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment