"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, November 5, 2010

Discovery Waits On till End of Month



Hi All...it's me again! So there is still no launch for Discovery today. I have a new launch date/time though: with the hydrogen leak and all Discovery will not be launching before 4:05a.m. November 30, 2010. The (above) video explains the leak better than I can. (If you are reading this post on e-mail or FB, you will want to come to my actual blog to view the video.)

While I am slightly disappointed, I understand the reason for the delays. If it was me riding that beast, I'd certainly want the crews to make sure everything was working right! Another reason I read that NASA is delaying the launch is that the launch window, just 7 days long, is expiring on Sunday. I guess they have figured that the hydrogen leak will take longer to fix than that.

The launch window is determined by length of mission (this case, 11 days) and by the angle of the Sun. And early December is the next time the angle of the sun will be right.

So anyway. That's that on Discovery launching. Hope you all enjoyed my "Discovery Delay" posts! :P

~Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment