"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Helicopters and Fire Trucks






Yesterday Mom and I went to the Duck Pond to see a helicopter.

The helicopter wasn't there yet, but there was a fire truck. I was taking pictures, and who walks out of the truck but my former swim teacher Matt!!! ;) It's a small world. It was fun seeing him, and Matt showed me in the truck. It was fun.

I learned about the Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department. (TCVFD)It was founded in 1952 when the towns of Collegedale, Ooltewah, and Apison wanted a fire department. The TCVFD also serves the hamlet of East Brained too.

Finally, the helicopter came. It seemed to pose exactly right for me!! I got several nice shots. I even got to sit in the helicopter. My sister did, too. The helicopter was doing a practice or something with the fire truck. It was a lot of fun.

I hope the helicopter comes again soon.

Pictures, Top to Bottom:
1) Fire Truck #44.
2)My swim teacher Matt.
3)The helicopter.
4)Alison in the helicopter.
5)Quack, quack, here. Quack, quack, there. Funny ducks!!!

Tennessee Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment