"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Its Bloody, but Fun!!



About a month ago, Mom bought a microscope for me to use with my Biology class. Even though Biology isn't my favorite class (it's very hard and challenging) playing with the microscope is the highlight and fun part of the class for me.

WELL. Last night Mom fell and scraped up her knee. Thankfully, she is okay. But befor Mom cleaned all that blood up, she said to herself, "I think Austin might like to see this under the microscope". So that's what we did. We put some of Mom's blood on a slide and looked at it under the microscope. It was really neat. As Mom put it, "Why waste perfectly good blood?"

But here's the really cool part. With her point-and-shoot camera, she was able to take photos of what we saw though the microscope!!!!:) I had tried with my big camera, but it didn't work. My camera lens was too big. But Mom's smaller lens worked perfect!!

Here's some of the pictures Mom took:(top to bottom)
1)Mom's blood cells
2)Some blood cells up close

That's all-but isn't it neat?!?!

Tennessee Photobug

P.S.-I humbly admit that all photos in this post were taken by my wonderful mother!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment