"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, April 14, 2008

An Ending is Just a New Beginning

Well, I just got back from my last swimming lesson.
And I’m kind of sad. In a way, swimming has become a way of life for me.

I’ve had swim lessons for 22 weeks now. I did a two-week session late last summer, and then 2 semester-long sessions, the second of which I just finished today.

But I should not be so sad. Swimming is not over, just paused. Remember the saying, “An ending is always a new beginning”? Well, that’s just how I feel now.

Today for grammar Mom assigned me to write a poem, and I wrote it on spring. Here it is. ;)

A Grand Season

When daffodils bloom and tulips sing-
You know its spring!

When maple trees bud and dogwoods flower-
You know its spring!

When bright-eyed children dance in a clear, refreshing shower-
You know its spring!

When warm weather comes and gardeners plant-
You know its spring!

When children rollick on bright green grass in pretty places-
You know its spring!

When people greet spring with happy faces-
You know its spring!