"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Very Special Day

Well, today I'm one year older then I was last year today. (In simple terms, today's my birthday.) Hopefully I'm one year wiser too!

The festivities started at mid-afternoon when Mom took me and my toddler sister, Alison to a play park nearby. That was a lot of fun! We played there for quite a while, and then Mom took us to Dollar Tree where she got us each our own whirly-gig toy.


When Dad came home at supper, we had carob-mint pie, as well as presents. Here is a list of the new stuff that's come into my possession:


Mom and Dad gave me 1) a very nice eagle poster. 2) A pack of dry-erase markers for my whiteboard. 3) Some socks and underwear 4) a renewal subscription to my favorite magazine, Young Disciple. ( http://www.youngdisciple.com/ )

Alison gave me some magnet-clips for my whiteboard and my dog Lauren "gave" me the game of Dog Bingo.

My grandparents from Michigan gave me a a very nice over-500 piece puzzle too.

Both sets of grandparents and my aunt and uncle from Florida gave me some money. (yea!) ;)


Anyway, that was my birthday. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all who sent me stuff and thanks to all who thought of me on my special day!


Photobug


P.S-Dad took this great shot of me blowing out candles. Many thanks to him, and both of my parents who have loved me and given me so much! ;)