"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Snowbirds Fly North

Last week we were playing the “family motel” as my great aunt & uncle as well as my grandparents stopped by our place on their migratory route back north.
The influx of company actually started the last weekend of March.

For many years we’ve known a family from central California, and this past year they enrolled their son in the local university here. Carol, the mom, came out here to visit her son for a few days. Since she knew our family, she booked a few nights at our “family & friends” motel! ;)

April 1st brought my great aunt and uncle Jeanne & Steve to stay a night on their way back from Florida on their 6-week break from cold Michigan weather! ;)
A highlight of their one-night stay with us was that they gave me a very nice coffee-table size digital photography book.
Entitled, “The Joy of Digital Photography”, and authored by Jeff Wignall, it is one of the best photography books I’ve ever seen! I will defiantly spend many hours looking at it and learn all the ins and outs of digital photography.

The afternoon of April 2 brought my Michigan grandparents coming home from their
3-month escape in Florida. They are the ones that our family spent our spring break with.
Grandpa, Grandma and I played the game of SORRY! several times. In the end though, my grandfather won in our championship game. We all had a lot of fun playing! ;)

Even though my grandparents were only here for 6 days, we will be able to see them again soon. In May they will be coming back for my 8th grade graduation. (More on that coming soon!)