"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nestled in the Rock

Yesterday our family went to Elsie A. Holmes Nature Park. While we were down by the river Dad pointed this nest in the rock. I took a picture.
As I took the picture I contemplated what I had just seen.

A little bird had built this nest where it would be strong, strong in the cleft of the rock. The rushing, dangerous river was not more than a couple yards away, but the occupants of that nest were safe, attached to that rock. This reminded me of Jesus, the True Rock.


Jehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I will take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower. -Psalms 18:2, ASV


Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value then they?

-Matthew 6:26, ASV


And if God most certainly takes care of the little songbirds, will he not much more care for you?