"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, February 20, 2011

2-20-62, 9:47:39am EST



Forty-nine years ago, John Glenn, Jr. got rocketed into orbit aboard Mercury-Atlas 6, also known as Friendship 7. He was the first American into orbit, and his flight was a tremendous step in landing men on the moon.

I'm sorry I haven't had the time to write a full-length article on the flight, but I've rounded up some awesome links. Check them out, and learn something new!

Click here from an AWESOME interactive feature on John Glenn's Mercury flight, and beyond!

I thought it was REALLY cool when I found the ENTIRE transcript of Glenn's flight online for free!! Click here to read this awesome resource.

Of course there's Wikipedia.

Included in this article (above) is a video of Friendship 7's launch. Please check my actual blog to view the video, as you can't view it on FB or e-mail. If any of you click on these links and learn something new, please feel free to leave me a comment on this post and tell me what you learned!! :)

~Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment