"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, February 28, 2011

Even More Proverbs to Remember

Here's even more of my favorite proverbs! They were so good I just had to share them!!

~Photobug

"He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity, and honor."
~Proverbs 21:21

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
~Proverbs 17:22

"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver!"
~Proverbs 16:16

I've found it uncanny how true many proverbs are in my life. For example...the following one, especially when I work on my relationship with my little sister!

"Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out."
~Proverbs 17:14

Some more great proverbs:

"Pleasant words are link a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
~Proverbs 16:24

"Kings take pleasure in honest lips; they value a man who speaks the truth."
~Proverbs 16:13

"All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord."
~Proverbs 16:2

Anyway, I know that I really liked these verses, especially Proverbs 16:2! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment