"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Some More Proverbs to Remember

Sooooooo.....I was again working on memorizing my favorite proverbs this morning, and I found some more I'd like to share with you! The ones I'm sharing with you are my particular favorites...and/or I know that they are true from personal experience!!

~Photobug

"He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."
~Proverbs 28:13

I know I've already shared this one, but it's so powerful and true that I want to share it again! I could share endless tales of how in my life I've found this verse to be true, but for now anyway I'll just share the verse:

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."
~Proverbs 27:1

I also really like these:

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
~Proverbs 18:10

This one I have (unfortunately) found to be true from personal experience:

"He who answers before listening--that is his folly and his shame."
~Proverbs 18:13

I really like this one:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."
~Proverbs 22:1

And I also really liked these too:

"Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."
~Proverbs 20:15

Anyway, I just thought that these were really cool verses and that I'd like to share them with you. Hope it gives you something to think about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment