"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bike Horns, Freedom, and a Few Loose Screws...

Well, hello Monday! As far as my recovery is going, it's going great!
Yesterday brought a HUGE improvement. During my surgery I had a breathing tube down my mouth, my voice is really hoarse. (neigh!) Well, anyway, when I'm sleeping/reading in my room with my door closed and I need help, Mom and Dad can't hear me. So yesterday afternoon Mom went to Wal-Mart and got me a wonderful device-a bike horn!! So whenever I need help I'll squeeze that horn and Mom or Dad will come to my aid. Kinda like that "nurse call" button at hospitals! ;) So now with that bike horn I feel a lot more freedom.
Today I finished one of the Bible books my P.T. bought me last Thursday-it's entitled "Fire in the Gates". It is #3 in a series of 5 books on Old Testament history. "Fire in the Gates" is about the prophet Jeremiah, his scribe Baruch, and King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. The series is written by retired pastor Thurman C. Petty, Jr. You can buy and/or look at "Fire in the Gates" (or any of the other 4 books in the series here, or read the whole Gates series plus more of Mr. Petty's books here FREE online! ;)
Anyway, I have read the whole Gates series and give all the books a 5-star rating. But my personal favorites are Siege at the Gates, (book #1) and The Open Gates (book #5).
O.K, O.K...enough book ratings for now. As for that "few loose screws" part of my post title, I do have some screws in my foot. The short one in the left is (I think) a titanium screw which is meant to stay there. The other long screw is a pin which is holding together my foot until everything heals up.There's also a few fingers (not mine!) that are in the photo. I know I'm going to be in a wheelchair for a month, then in a walking cast for who knows how long. We'll see.
I guess that's all I have to say for now! I will post tomorrow, or the day after. Something like that.
Photobug ;)