"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, July 25, 2008

Sunflowers and Sunbeams

Hi Everyone!


Sorry I haven't blogged much this week. Since there have been many thunderstorms this week, I haven't been able to get on a lot. Anyway.


This week my father took me outside to take some pictures of Alison's sunflowers. Included are 3 photos of sunflowers, plus some other shots I got of other summer-time flowers in our yard.


Mom has been very busy this week. Tuesday we all went to a produce stand to get peaches-and we ended up with 8 half-bushel boxes of them. That was Mom's birthday present, as her birthday was Wednesday. Mom has just about been peeling peaches 24/7 to freeze them and make them into jam, which I tasted today. Very good! All things considered, Mom started peeling peaches Tuesday and finished at 11:30 last night!!!


Yesterday Mom, Dad and I all had dental check-ups. But for me, I had an additional medical appointment: my first post-op surgery visit. Thankfully, the doctor said everything was healing up perfect. And when the doctor's happy, I'm happy! I got a new cast too. This time, instead of a lemonade-colored cast, I chose bright yellow. I really like it. The yellow was named, "Sunbeam Yellow"! :)

But, like all doctor visits, this one didn't come without its fair share of pain. I had had a pin put into my foot (see previous article for photo) and Dr. Bruce said it was ready to come out. So he took it out. But it hurt A LOT! Also I had sutchers (sp.?) to come out too, and that hurt a lot too. Oh well. At least I'm through it now! I go back for more of a pain-free visit to Dr. Bruce in 3 weeks, hopefully to get a walking cast! ;)


Well, I guess I'd better go before the storm hits! Bye! Happy Sabbath!


Photobug