"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Surgery went GREAT!!!!!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to thank you so much for your prayers for me yesterday with my surgery. The surgery went fantastic. I didn't get sick from the anesthesia, (yeaaa!!!!!!!!!) and was able to go home the same day as the surgery, (yesterday.) My P.T. was able to come out for the weekend was was terrific, so she was able to come to the hospital with my mom. We got up yesterday at 3:45am yesterday, (ouch) and left for the hospital (ParkRidge) 4:10am, arriving at the hospital at 4:45. I entered surgery about 8:00am. Everything went as well as possible. I got my wheelchair and was home about 1:20pm. What a day! In respect to my last surgery, I'm doing great! ;)

In my last surgery, I felt just terrible for about 3 days. With this surgery, my foot hurts, but the rest of me feels just great and normal. I have a lemonade-colored cast on my foot up to the knee. So I can bend my knee! ;) Yesterday and today I feel kinda tired, but still feel pretty good. Yesterday I learned how to use the restroom, using my walker from the door of the bathroom. Also yesterday I read a new book that Donna, my P.T. from TX gave me. So she did such a kind thing and came up to TN to help me with my surgery. She came Thursday, and is leaving tomorrow.

On Thurs. Donna offered to take me to a bookstore (the ABC) to get some books for me to read during my recovery. So I showed Donna what I wanted. My want list included two really great Bible story books, a book about J.N. Andrews, Your Story Hour's Great Stories Vol. 8, and....(drum roll, please) a volume of the original youth magazine, the Youth's Instructor.(YI) This volume has the YI from 1852-1914! The YI was the original youths mag. started by James and Ellen White!!!! ;)

Anyway, to sum up this report, I'm doing great! Even though my foot hurts sometimes, I've been given some pain pills, so that helps a lot. Anyway, I don't know if I'll be on Blogger every day now, but I'm back now. But please keep praying for my recovery. I will be in a wheelchair for a month, then in a walking cast I don't know how long. But thanks SO much for praying for me. The surgery went great! Thanks so much for your continued prayers.

Photobug