"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, July 18, 2008

One Down, Three to Go!

One down, 3 to go! Today It has been exactly 1 week since my surgery of July 11. In just 3 weeks, I'll be able to walk!!!!!!!!
Really, it is amazing how well I am doing. God has blessed me in abundance.
Last night Pastor Paul Carlson and his wife Becky came over for supper. They are really nice people, and it was a pleasure to have them over. We had a lot of fun, talking about a variety of subjects. Pastor Carlson is the Associate Pastor for our church, the McDonald Road Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Check out our church's website here.
Earlier in the afternoon, my good friend Ben, (the one from the TN Trio) came over to play and just plain talk.
He came over at about 1:30 and for an hour we watched a video Dad had checked out from the library, called Air Force One. As its name implies, the film was about the presidential airplane. It is really cool! I think when I grow up I want to buy one of those planes like Air Force One......;~)
After we finished watching Air Force One, we came downstairs, (yes, I can come downstairs with help, though awkwardly...) and played computer games. We played Polar Golfer, (a favorite for both of us!) Polar Bowler, (we both got really good scores!) and also Divine Destiny (again, a really cool Bible game in which you search a house for treasure boxes and answer questions.).
Well, I guess that's all for now. Included with this post is a picture of Pastor Carlson and his wife.
Photobug
P.S.-the other day I caught Punky napping in my wheelchair, and I was fortunate enough to catch a photo. (See below.) Enjoy! ;)