"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Faces on the Migration Route

On March 28-April 3 my aunt, uncle, and cousins that are currently residing in Ireland came for a week-long visit. If you will recall, with my mother's family living in both Michigan & Florida
(and us living right in the middle), we see quite a bit of our relatives as they travel Michigan to Florida or vice versa. So I like to tease and say we live on the "Migration Route". ;D Since we have not seen my aunt, uncle, and cousins for some time, hence my title of this article.

Anyway. We had lots of fun. Jared, my cousin and I had fun playing on my Flight Simulator flying the SR-71 Blackbird in Ireland and the Dornier Seastar in the Faroe Islands, which are between Iceland and England. I know this information is not too exciting to those who are not too plane crazy, but we did fly a lot so I thought I might as well mention it. We had lots of fun on Flight Simulator, Jared and I, and he actually executed some really good takeoffs and a landing. (Let's just say military jets are a lot harder than Cessna's!!)

Other activities we did was go swimming twice (though I only went once), playing board games, and going to the Imagination Station, a playground for kids in our town. Below are pictures of Jared, Emily and my sister Alison at the Imagination Station. Alison and Emily had a ball playing together the entire week. You know the song of Mary and her little lamb. And where ever Mary went, her lamb was sure to go....just insert "Emily" and "Alison" into the "Mary" and "lamb"...and you've got this past week!! ;)

I also enjoyed talking with my aunt and uncle, and playing Monopoly games with Jared and Alison. Jared and I first played Bibleopoly, then Jared, Alison, and I played ADRA-opoly, a monopoly-based game I made up based on Adventist Development & Relief Agency. Last night, to close out our visit, my Uncle Jeff, cousins Jared and Emily, and myself played a SORRY game. It was quite fun, close, and lots of memories were made. I won, so I was the SORRY champion. (Though I wasn't really sorry I had won the game! ;D) I think that Uncle Brian, who taught me how to play SORRY, would have been proud of me. Emily & Jared then went on to beat Uncle Jeff. ;D

The real highlight of the week, however, was when we all dressed up in Bible robes on Sabbath and attended the SonRise Resurrection Pageant. :D (See previous article).

So it was a great week. The only sad thing was that I had a miserable runny nose for much of it, though I still tried to have as much fun as possible and I think am almost over it.




No comments:

Post a Comment