"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, April 3, 2010

SonRise 2010!!!!!!

SonRise is SOOO cool!! SonRise is a walk through experience put on by our local university and church in which groups follow Jesus' triumphfull entry into Jerusalem, the Lord's Supper, Gethsemane (sp.?), Pilate's hall, the crucifixtion, and the Resurrection. It is really hard to describe, it is just so totally cool.

Anyway, today was the day for this year's SonRise (always Easter weekend). Here are some photos I took--enjoy! :D
^^This lady leper did a REALLY good job--she made us feel almost guilty!
^^Camel.

^^More pitiful lepers.











^^Next few photos of Jerusalem Marketplace. Really cool!





^^This potter I REALLY liked. He reminded of the Bible verse that says God is the potter, we are the clay.






























^^My friend Wesley.





















^^Baa-aaa!






^^My friend Stephen.



^^I paid my tax, and he gave me a temple coin!




^^I was right up front, and I really really liked The Lord's Supper scene. It's really hard to put into words how much I liked it.








^^"Take this bread & eat..."



^^"Take this cup and drink..."



^^People will know you are my disciples, if you love one another..."



^^"Lord, I would never deny you!" And Jesus replied, "Yes, you will...."



^^"Can't you stay watch for one hour??"


^^"Father, not my will, but yours be done."

^^"These people don't DESEVRE your love! They will desert you, and not choose you of their own free choice!!"









^^Jesus before Pilate.



^^Roman soldiers en route to cross.




^^Jesus.








^^Nailing Jesus to the cross.








^^Taking Jesus down from the cross.



^^"It....is....FINISHED!" And there was thunder, and an earthquake.




^^I didn't get too good pictures of the Resurrection...the lighting is hard. But it is SOO great!!
^^He...is...ALIVE!!!!!!!!!


^^This is actually a picture from last year, but since I didn't have any good shots of this scene from this year, I decided to include it. I just love it so!!

1 comment: