"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Joy of Leftovers


So. Yeah. This past Sunday and Monday I made my second weekly meal for my family. If it's true that your brain cells grow when you learn new things, my brain cells must be having a growth spurt! :P


My second meal was a more complete, balanced meal than my first. For this meal I made re fried beans, rice, a vegetarian cheese sauce, flour tortillas, chips made from corn tortillas, and for desert some YUMMY Polynesian Bars. Nothing was really too hard for me, it just took a long time. (In this case, Sunday night and all of Monday morning!)


While of course I'd rather be playing, I did enjoy learning how to make new food!! Especially because this meal is one of my favorites! Above this article is a picture of all the food I made; only the salsa was bought. (Mom had previously made the bean guacamole that in the picture is next to the salsa.) Again my family really liked my meal, so I'm happy. :D
As I learn more, and grow older, I realize just how much Mom does. I really don't know how she does it! Laundry, food prep (20 meals a week!!), bills, grocery shopping, homeschooling me and Alison, etc. etc. Now I'm starting to realize why Mom likes leftovers! I'm just really glad that I can help her by cleaning the house and making one meal a week!
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to make next week....Vegetarian Meatball Pizza anyone?? ;D
~Photobug
P.S.--check Mom's blog out (www.tnquiltbug.blogspot.com). She often posts recipes on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment