"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, June 7, 2010

June Beauty in the Volunteer State

It was just this morning I was complaining to my mother, "I don't have anything to post to my blog!!" But this afternoon I uploaded pictures to our computer and found out I had more than enough material for a good-sized blog post. So what you see is the result! Here are some pretty unconnected photos I've taken over the past week or so. Mom and I both have been enjoying taking photos of her BEAUTIFUL hydrangea bushes out in the front yard.
 So there are several pictures of the hydrangeas in the post. There's also some pictures of a sun-something....I forget if it's a "rise" or a "set"! ;D I also have some animal pictures.

However, there has been a few exciting things this week. The other day, I heard Mom telling Dad something about "teenagers in the kitchen." So when I got the chance, I asked Mom about it. She filled me in on the story. BUT! She got this great idea of ME making one lunch a week!! (Honestly, I DIDN'T give her the idea! ;D) But anyway she told me that from now on I'd be making Monday lunch.

While "I" may have not picked the idea, I am not mad or anything like that. At least I could pick the recipes!! That would be fun. And I need to practice my kitchen skills anyway. So. Last night and this morning I made our lunch. I made a 3 Bean Salad with olives, humus, Onion Bread, and a fruit salad. Nothing was really hard (even with my disability), it just took time. I wasn't sure if my family would like it or not, but in the words of Mom, our family devoured my food like a swarm of locusts! ;D So I think everyone liked my food! :) I "think" they liked it anyway....you can take a look at the bowls for yourself and decide! :D

I think my family liked my food! :) Anyway. Enjoy the rest of my photos! :D
~Photobug



^Bug on a day lily.


^^You can't quite tell from this photo, but the weather was very foggy and you could see the Sun in a distinct circle.



^^Next few photos are of Mom's hydrangeas.
























^^This little bunny really wants to eat our veggies! :)


^^My "puppy" Lauren...









^^(above and below) Shasta daises.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your photos! Especially the one of the purple and the blue hydranga in one shot--I'm going to have to try and get a picture like that!

    ReplyDelete