"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, November 19, 2007

Hark, hark! There's a Hawk!


This afternoon as I was doing my Biology schoolwork, I saw some kind of bird of prey fly into our back yard. I couldn’t tell exactly what it was, but I knew this bird was something special you don’t see everyday. So I left my schoolwork to get my camera. (Yes, that’s “legal” with Mom as I need to photograph or draw 30 Tennessee native animals that I have seen for my Tennessee Natural History class.)

When I tried to take photos through our large screen door, my zoom didn’t reach far enough. So I went virtually under the tree that this bird was under and took some shots. Thankfully, I didn’t get hurt and he didn’t fly away. After getting a couple nice shots, I went inside. From the pictures I took, Grandma and I made a guess that the bird I saw was a Red-Shouldered Hawk. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. I'm including one of my better shots.

Let’s see…what else happened today? This morning Grandpa and I worked on a story and Grandpa also played with Alison. We ate hot dogs and crackers for lunch. In the afternoon Alison went down for nap and Mom and Dad went out for a date together while Grandma and Grandpa stayed with me and Alison. Mom and Dad are still out now. Grandpa took a nap and I did my Biology…and that was when I saw the hawk.

Grandma also went out to the woods with me today.

More later,
Tennessee Photobug