"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Connection

I love taking pictures in our yard. The tall, green trees that sway in a thunderstorm. The small, vibrant fruit trees with newly-produced fruit. Add that to some other trees, flowers, and a wonderful lawn, there are lots of things to take pictures of.

This summer I was taking pictures in our yard when I happened across some of our blackberry plants. I just thought that they were so beautiful--the juicy berries connected to the green leaves and tan stem. (picture at right).

This picture reminded me of what Jesus said in John 15:5.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

I think the verse is pretty clear. Jesus is the vine, and we are the branches who are to stay connected to Him. If we stay connected to Him, we can live, and grow. But if we are not connected to God, we are like a branch which has been cut off from the vine. (John 15:6)

I encourage each and every one of you reading this article to stay connected with God. Read your Bible-that's God speaking to you. Pray to God-that's you speaking to God. God understands what you are going through--He's been there!

Hebrews 4:15, NIV:

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin."

Stay connected to God. Live and grow in Him. That's how you will be truly happy.

1 comment: