"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wild Critters of Tennessee


Hey there, everyone!

Thought I'd share with you all some rare pictures of wild critters in Tennessee.... ;D

Yesterday afternoon our good friends invited us over to see the baby squirrels they were squirrel-sitting for the weekend. There were three in the cage, and all were VERY active!! I do not think squirrels have the words of "stay still for me to take your picture" in their vocabulary! :P

Those little rascals were stay still for a moment, as if they were teasing, "You can't catch me, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!" Of course I would compose my shot, but it was hard to get my camera to focus on the squirrel instead of the cage wire...

Below left is my other good squirrel shot, as in everything was in focus! It was a challenge to have everything in focus, without using flash. Out of the 27 shots I took of the squirrels, these two were the only really good ones I got.

On our way home we saw some deer, and with my camera I just HAD to take some pictures! Below right my best deer shot. While Mom enjoyed sighting the deer, she DIDN'T think they were "dear little deer", because they eat her fruit trees!






On a different note, posting this post means that I have posted 76 times this year...a personal goal of mine for the past 6 months and 2 days since I seriously started posting on March 24. I chose 76 because that was the most times a year that I had posted before (in 2008), and I thought I should try to reach 76 or at least equal it...which I now have! :D Now that I've thought about it, I think I will be able to reach 100 posts by the end of the year...we'll see!


~Photobug

P.S.--if you are reading this post by e-mail, please take a minute to check out my actual blog, http://www.tennesseephotographer.blogspot.com/. Recently I've changed the background and added some new sounds...it's really surprising and awesome! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment