"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, March 7, 2011

Part 1: Twelve Hours & Forty-Three Minutes Later...


Guess where I went for my Spring Break this year?? :D This year my parents took me and my sister to visit my grandparents, who winter in Florida. It was LOTS of fun!!! :D In this post and the next few coming, I'll tell you about my wonderful trip.

As the title implies, we did have a long day driving to Florida, but even so, it went surprisingly well. Yeah, we were squished a bit; the usual, persistant cramps came and would not budge; but even still, it was a wonderful, happy trip down. I think God helped us a lot, as there was very little arguing and fighting!

I sighted many fun things as we drove, most of whom were in Atlanta. I saw the top, gold part of the Georiga State Capital and I saw a statue of an Olympic Torch--probably left over from 1996 when the games were held in Atlanta. Right as we were passing the Atlanta airport, a Delta plane flew right over us, making its' final approach--I thought that was so COOL!!! :D



On our trip down, one of our family's favorite rest stops is the Florida Welcome Center! This year we spent quite a while there, and as usual, it was lots of fun. Most of the below pictures are from there, although a few shots were captured elsewhere.

~Tennessee Photobug




 ^^Alison in the car. She was really excited, geared up, and ready to come to Florida! She was so excited to be able to wear sunglasses! :)

 ^^There was a red Mazda car in the FL Welcome Center, with a ton of orange-looking stress balls! Our whole family thought it was pretty cool.
 ^^Dad and I were having fun with self-portraiting ourselves. ;)

 ^^The car again.
 ^^The signature of Florida: Palm trees! :D
^^On Monday our family visited my cousins, aunt, and uncle, and while we were there we went for a walk. I loved catching a shot of this beautiful bird! :)

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures! Makes me feel almost like I was there.... ;)

    ReplyDelete