"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Part 2: Life At The Sea

 While in Florida, my grandparents took us to Fort Pierce, Florida and we rode on a boat! But I'm getting ahead of myself. The boat ride itself is the subject of my next Florida post! ;) This post will focus on the good times we had waiting for the boat, and exploring the harbor. :)

~Photobug
 ^^This was a really cool house. It's called the "Seven Gables House" and was built in 1905. It was one of the original houses in the Fort Pierce area. During WWII the family sold it, and it passed hands through several businesses before being donated to the city of Fort Pierce in 1998. The city restored it, and now uses it as an information/welcome center! The lady who was in there was very very nice, and I thought the house was very nicely restored!




 ^^This is the boat we rode on.

 While we were waiting to board our boat, we found a store that had free oranges! Everyone got one, and Alison posed with some. As you can see from the photo, it was very windy at the time!
 ^^MUNCH! ;)
 ^^Alison had a grand time watching the harbor!
 ^^I loved these pelicans on this boat...
^^....and I also really liked this bird as well!

Well, that's it for now. Keep an eye out for my third post about my Florida trip, coming soon!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment