"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, March 14, 2011

Part 4: Tops, Cows, and Carousels

After my grandparents took my family and I on a boat ride, we went over to the local County Fair! It was lots of fun. :) We'd been there two years ago, so I pretty much knew what to expect. It was still fun though. ;)

One of my favorite areas was the petting zoo! No, I didn't pet the animals, but it was still fun! There were lots of cool animals there, such as goats (see left picture), cows, kangaroos, a zebra, and several more. I also saw pigs, cows, and chickens (though the chickens had a fowl order). My only disappointment was that there weren't as many horses as I remembered! :-|

Another really cool exhibit was the hay bales. Scattered throughout the fairgrounds were various decorated bales, which I thought was really cool! You'll see pictures of the hay bales below. We also saw some sea lions!!! They were so funny and cute. Unfortunately, no shows were going on (boo hoo hoo!) but one sea lion came up out of his tank and posed for us! :D (see picture below)


Some other cool stuff. When we were in the arts and crafts building, there was a very nice old gentleman who was woodcarving, and he offered to make my sister Alison her own top!!! It was really nice of him, and it was totally awesome watching him create it. It spins extremely well! Towards the end of our visit Alison and Mom rode the double-decker carousel. It looked like Alison had a grand time!



Anyway. So much for my incessant babbling! ;) Let's make way for the photos below.

~Photobug



 ^^I loved this sheep! His eyes were funny.
 ^^The sign said that this turtle was 144 years old. Mom thought he was plastic! ;)
 ^^Kanga...and Roo!

 ^^Zebra.

 ^^I really liked this big guy!

 ^^This very nice gentleman made a top for Alison.
 ^^Very cute bunny!
 ^^The sea lion that posed for us.
 ^^I really liked this fireman statue!

 ^^Next few pictures are of the hay bale creations! :)



 ^^On the side of this pig-bale hanged a sign, which read: "H1N1"!!



 ^^Horsy! ;)
 ^^Alison really liked these wooden horses...
 ^^...but these guys on the midway were something else! The top part of them is really them, but the legs and horses are false. I could see the guys' legs walking on the ground...they were FUNNY!!



 ^^County Fair fun.
 (above and below): Carousel! :D

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment