"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, March 18, 2011

Part 6: Geocaches Galore!

 We had so much fun geocaching in the Veteran's Island area!! When I got home to log my finds, I realized that there were many more caches in the park!! So the next day my family and I went back...and picked up the remaining caches!! Here's some pictures of our experiences. It was lots of fun--we found four out of the five caches we searched for! Side note, but I also really liked this sunrise shot (above).

~Photobug
 ^^Me and Alison with a cache--it was like a tiny pot with Spanish moss on top of it. The whole thing was stuffed into the side of a fence post!! Since there was a huge abundance of the moss everywhere, the cache was very cleverly hid!! :)

 ^^See? This is what the cache looked like when it was hidden!! :)

 ^^The area was just beautiful.
 ^^We found another cache under Spanish moss, this time hid in a tree! :)
 ^^Third cache found. This cache was hid in a fence post, very clever! (see below picture).

^^Final, fourth cache found for the afternoon. This was a little tennis player hidden in the crack of a tree near some tennis courts. I thought it was pretty cool!!

 ^^On the last day of our Florida vacation, we visited the beach to pick up a few geocaches. We were happily surprised to find a resident opossum at the beach! Do you think he liked watching the waves crash on the sand?? ;)
 ^^Do you see a geocache in this picture?? (Clue: how about that shell?) ;)
 ^^Yay!! We found it! :)
 ^^My cousin Michael and I with another cache found.
 ^^I loved the beach.
^^This building (I believe a lifeguard's station) distinctly reminded me of NASA's Lunar Excursion Module! ;)


(above and below): we hit up two more caches on the way home....


Well, that's my Spring Break. I had a LOT of fun, and I hope I have communicated some of that through my posts. To conclude this series, I think I'll share a song that I wrote about our trip. It's to the tune of "My Favorite Things":

White crescent moons and houses with porches
Stands with tan peanuts and flaming orange torches
Flocks of dark blackbirds up on outstretched wings
These are a few of my favorite things


Girls in short sleeves with aqua sunglasses
Searching all over for lost geocaches
Tennessee winters to Florida springs
These are a few of my favorite things


Pods of wild dolphins and gray manatees
Splendid county fairs with no more fees
Blowing wind that whistles and sings
These are a few of my favorite things


When the food spills
When the kids fight
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!

(Series concluded)

No comments:

Post a Comment