"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, March 11, 2011

Part 3: Dolphins, Manatees, Pelicans, Oh My!

Okay! Now onto the fun and exciting post. ;) The highlight of my Florida vacation was when my grandparents took me, my sister, and my parents on an awesome boat ride on the Indian River, searching for wildlife! :D
For about an hour and a half, we just mosied around watching land and animal.

Right off the bat, we saw a manatee! It was SO cool. He just came up once for a breath, so I couldn't get a picture, but it was still so cool seeing a wild manatee LIVE!!! We searched and searched for dolphins for the longest time, but couldn't find any. We did find a colony of pelicans! (see above picture). Finally, though, we found the dolphins--and THAT was the highlight of my vacation! Of course they didn't come leaping up out of the water like the dolphins would at SeaWorld, etc. but it was really cool seeing dolphins free and in the wild! There must've been six or seven around us. Sometimes you would just get their top fin in your picture, but if you were lucky you would catch part of their body as well!

Well, anyway, so much said from me. I'll make way for the photos, and you can see for yourself!

~Photobug

^^I thought this was my favorite dolphin shot! :D







^^I also really liked this shot...
^^...and this one too! :)







^^Now for some other photos. I really liked this pelican!
^^Riding the boat.
^^I didn't know before how many signs there were in rivers!!!



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment