"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chicken Charlie's Grand Michigan Adventure, Part 3

What's happening: Geocacher "Photobug" takes trackable "Chicken Charlie" with him on vacation to Michigan. In this series, Chicken Charlie relates his experiences and adventures with Photobug on their vacation.

Hey everyone! It's me, Chicken Charlie! Thanks so much for coming back! In this article, I'm gonna tell about my trip to Michigan with Photobug, especially about day 3. On day 3 we visited a really cool museum!

OK, okay, I know that I had already seen three museum so I should probably clarify. We arrived at Photobug's grandparents' home on our second day of vacation. The next day, Photobug's grandpa took us all to the Sloan Museum in Flint, Michigan. It was really cool--all the cars and history and stuff--and I really liked it. Here's some photos of the Sloan Museum!

*    *    *

 ^^This was by far my favorite car--I just loved that scheme of "bird yellow"!! (I know I'm biased, but I think yellow is the best color.) Later, Photobug told me that this car was a 1957 Chevy Roadster Street Rod. I thought all the cars in the Chevy exhibit were pretty nice. See below for some more photos of cool Chevy cars!







 (above and below, for a while): The next part of the museum was dedicated to historical dolls, all set up and costumed for a certain time period. Photobug had to explain them all to me, but after I understood I thought they were pretty cool! America's first explorers and pioneers, even the surrender of Lee to Grant! Plus much, much more.




 (above and below): Next there was a kids' area in the museum. That was my favorite part; I think they should've called it the birds' area!! All sorts of cool and fun toys and stuff to do! The train (below) was my favorite...it went into the wall and then came out again!

 (above and below, for a while): The next section was all about Michigan history, with tents, log mills, and one-room schoolhouses!

 ^^Photobug in front of a really old car. He told me that at one point, Flint was really big in the car production business!
 The next few pictures show me on a really old fire engine! Other than the birds' area, this was my favorite. Evidently, this 1872 model actually screeched down the roads of Flint at one time in history!



 (above and below): Every bird should have their picture next to an interstate sign! Evidently, nice long interstates didn't exist back in 1914 (see below picture, folks!)...

^^....they didn't have RED stop signs back then, either!

*    *    *

We finished off our visit to Flint with finding my FIRST EVER MICHIGAN CACHE!!! I thought that was sooo cool. Wow, three new states in three days! I almost flew away, I was so happy. (not really!)

However, at this point in time, I didn't know that best was yet to come. Details on that in my next article!

No comments:

Post a Comment