"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bars No More

Recently our family went to the Chattanooga Zoo. Brilliant peacocks, funny chimps, and sleepy cougars made up part of the mix, with many others. Along with the snow leopards and jaguars, the macaws were my favorite animals there.

There were four macaws in a cage together, and they were just all soooo pretty. Especially the scarlet macaw--it's feathers were just a rainbow of beauty. (see below picture).

The only sad part of the whole picture was the bars holding the macaws inside the cage, and me out! Now I know that the bars are for my, and the bird's good, but still...as I took pictures, I remembered the place where there will be bars no more between me and birds...not even lions! All the animals which are fierce and dangerous now won't be in the place that I'm thinking of.
That place is Heaven. Adam and Eve's sinning is what made some of the animals more dangerous and ferocious. But when Jesus comes back to take us home to Heaven, the animals there will be docile and tame, just like they were in the Garden of Eden without sin.
Isaiah 11:6, 9, NIV:
"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion...together; and a little child shall lead them...They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."
I am so looking forward to getting to Heaven. There I'll be able to hold a macaw and stoke a lion's mane! I'm planning on being there. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment