"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tennessee: Where Floridaians Go On Vacation :D


Between June 20 and July 2 our family enjoyed the company and fellowship of my Aunt Christa, Uncle Dan, and Cousins Melissa and Michael, who reside in Florida. Hence the name of this article, as in Tennessee is where Florida residents come to vacation! ;)

We all had a lot of fun. My sister Alison enjoyed playing Lincoln Logs and Zoo Tycoon II with Melissa. Mom and Christa (who are sisters) of course enjoyed talking. And I enjoyed playing with Michael and watching Uncle Dan play Sim City.
I played the most with my almost-teenage cousin Michael. We both had a lot of fun. (sometimes!) We played the computer games Hover, Polar Bowler, and my Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. (AKA as "FS9".) Michael and I also viciously competed at games such as Air Hockey, Foosball, and of course SORRY!

Both Michael and I were pretty good at Polar Bowler and Hover. Michael also learned some nice flying knowledge on FS9. Though the real fun was in Air Hockey, Foosball and SORRY!! (Michael and I are both very good SORRY players, and....let's just say that we're not in the least bit SORRY when we "must" SORRY the other player!! ;D ) We were pretty much tied in SORRY games.

It got real interesting when Michael and I played Air Hockey or Foosball......he is awesome in Air Hockey, and I am terrible! We would play up to 15 goals...and he would have 15 vs. my 0-7.....he would just completely slaughter me, but it was still fun playing with him.

However, the tables were completely reversed when we played Foosball....I am a pro at it, and Michael was terrible at it. Focus on the WAS!! By the time he left, let's just say he was immensely pleased that he beat me at Foosball!! And he earned his win fair and square..it was really fun playing with him, it gave me great fun and great challenge!

Overall, we had a great time. Busy and crazy, yes. But even more fun! :D

~Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment