"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Clouds


It was about a month ago. I was almost ready to go to bed when I chanced to look outside at the sky. “What?” I asked myself. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw—the sunset was SO pretty!! While I couldn't see the whole sunset, just the clouds illuminated by the sun, the sky was absolutely gorgeous. As I gazed heavenward, I whispered a prayer, “Thanks, God for the beautiful sunset you are giving me!”



You know, as I was thinking about my sunset experience, I realized just how awesome and loving God really is. He could have created the clouds all just one color. But instead, he created sunrises and sunsets that would make us happy. Then we would know just a little more, how much more awesome and loving he really is.

Psalms 36:5, NIV:

“Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.”

Psalms 47:2, NIV:

“How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth!”


One day, very soon, I’m going to see some clouds that are a lot prettier than the ones I’ve described. I don’t know what color they’re going to be, but to me they are going to be the prettiest clouds ever. That’s because they will be carrying my Best Friend Jesus, coming to take me home to spend eternity with Him!



1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 NIV:

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven…we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”

I’m looking forward to seeing those clouds. Are you?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts! I will remember them when I look at clouds now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!...Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete