"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From One Zoo...to Another!

Today my family, grandparents and I spent some fun hours at the Chattanooga Zoo. It was really really fun, as I had not been there for a couple years. Mom thinks we just went from one zoo (our family) to another, but we still had a grand time! ;D One of the first things we saw were the Zoo's famous chimpanzees, including one well-known resident, "Hank". (below)
Throughout this post I'll comment and identity the animals. Enjoy! :)

~Photobug

(Above: Hank. Below: a chimp statue near the front entrance.)

We also enjoyed seeing a serval, which is in the cat family. I didn't know they existed--I will have to learn more about them!


Even the little members of the Zoo weren't forgotten; I really liked this little turtle!


^^The Hanuman Langurs were very agile!


^^My wonderful grandparents. :)


^^A truer "cat nap" never was....


...let sleeping cougars lie! ;D


^^Alison was entranced by the peacocks.


(above and below) I liked the owls and raccoons very much!




I also liked the birds!









^^A capybara.

^^My VERY energetic sister Alison.



^^I was especially excited to see the jaguars. They are a new addition to the Zoo.


^^Alison even enticed Grandpa onto the merry-go-round! :)
Keep an eye out for more posts on my Zoo visit coming up!

1 comment:

  1. Good use of your camera! Good pictures. Looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete