"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Honor Cabin of the Day




Here's another post about my time at camp! :) This post focuses on my Tuesday at camp, July 6.


July 6 was actually a really great day for me at camp. My cabin got "Honor Cabin of the Day", which is a really big award. "Honor Cabin of the Day" goes to whichever cabin was on time to everything, was the best behaved, knew the memory verse, cleaned their cabin, etc.
And on Tuesday my cabin got it! :D As a reward we choose to get ice cream and hang out in the gym. (picture of me above.)


So you will see several pictures in this post taken in the gym. There's also some shots of campers and staff climbing the rock wall (which by the way, is lots of fun!). I also have some pictures from the creative arts area, where we made Tye-dye bandannas. I probably would not have chosen to do that, but it was still great fun.


Some other pictures show the campfire play for Tuesday night. The main character was a lazy, young man in the 1800s who had absolutely nothing to do. He was bored, period. He was wondering in the woods when he found a conductor for the Underground Railroad. The conductor tried to show this young man how having a purpose in your life really makes you happy.


Well, I better post the photos now. Enjoy! :)


~Photobug





^^My counselor.




^^Me.









^^Me climbing.









^^Another wonderful self-portrait of me. ;)


(above and below): one cabin pretended to be a school bus and drove around the flag before lowering it! ;D





No comments:

Post a Comment